MMICARE Association in collaboration with Asia-Pacific University-Community Engagement Network (APUCEN), Division of Industry and Community Network (BJIM), Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) and the organisers of Miss Malaysia Indian Global Personal Empowerment Programme for girls will be organising the #ICAREFORHER Inter-Charities Bubble & Splash 5KM.
According to APUCEN Director, Professor Dr. Aileen Tan Shau Hwai, the #ICAREFORHER Intercharities Bubble & Splash Run will be held on March 11, 2017 at the car park area of the School of Biological Sciences USM, in conjunction with International Women’s Day celebration worldwide.
“The run will host 200 children from 12 shelters in Penang, Butterworth, Kulim and Sg Petani. 10 shelters have already confirmed their participation. We are still awaiting confirmation from 2 more shelters,” she said.
She added, the confirmed shelters are from the Persatuan Kebajikan Sinar Ceria, St Joseph’s Orphanage, Ramakrishna Orphanage, Persatuan Kebajikan Batu Grace, Crystal Home, Persatuan Bedaya, Shan Childrens’ Home, Sunshine Home, Rumah Kebajikan Seri Cahaya, and Kamakshi Children Home.
Aileen is encouraging USM students to join the run and to accompany these children, so that by running and enjoying a fun run, they will be able to connect, inspire and encourage these children to study hard and get a tertiary education.
Lucky USM students will receive a T-shirt each. Registration for students is RM10. Registration can be made at the School of Biological Sciences. Please contact Pn. Nooraini at 013-4227310 or 012-4311900.
• The Bubble & Splash stations will be parked at various points along the 5km run route.
• The Fire and Rescue Department would provide the "water splash" effect and they have agreed in principal to partner the programme and hose the runners.
• The assortment of bubble effect will be hosted by MMCARE & USM School of Biological Sciences volunteers intermittently during the run.
• Meet mascots from the Madagascar movie and Miss Malaysia Indian Global winners Menaga Sarvana and Nandhinie Supramanian at the finishing line where the children from the shelters will receive their finisher medals.
• All the children will be treated to breakfast and lunch, and receive finisher medals, T-shirts and certificates of participation from APUCEN.