Love arts, design and innovation? If your answer is ‘yes’, something big and cool is coming up for you! School of the Arts USM, Penang is presenting to you their annual Final Year Exhibition Project from 8th – 13th December 2019. This event will be officiated by the ADUN for Seri Delima, YB Syerleena Abdul Rashid (alumnus of the School) on 10th December 2019 at 9.00 a.m. at Katasila, School of the Arts. So, come and join us for more exhibitions, performances and of course, food trucks!
What is RINTIS? Taken from the words Research & Innovation Towards Integration & Sustainability, RINTIS was started by Associate Prof. Hasnul Jamal Saidon in 2004 as a final year exhibition project from the students of School of the Arts. Comprising of six departments, students specializing in Communication Graphic, New Media Design and Technology, Product Design, Fine Arts, Music and Theater will work together to bring out the best of this event annually. RINTIS serves as a path for students to venture into their respective industries. However, this year in RINTIS’19 (13th Edition), we will only have three departments featuring a total of 93 designs, which are Communication Graphic (28 designs), New Media Design and Technology (39 designs) and Product Design (26 designs). Fret not, it doesn’t make RINTIS less cool.
Reasons behind RINTIS. RINTIS mainly serves as an excellent and professional platform for students coming from six departments in School of Arts to showcase their final year projects. RINTIS also allows students to equip themselves with teamwork and soft skills which are crucial for their future career. Besides offering career opportunities to the students, RINTIS also allows lecturers, industry, public and related parties to evaluate the performances of the involved students. Of course, RINTIS aims to promote arts and design through critical knowledge and human experiences to the audience.
What type of concept to expect in RINTIS’19? For the very first time, RINTIS is bringing to you this year the curatorial concept with five parts. Truly inspired by Associate Prof. Hasnul Jamal Saidon, the parts in curatorial concept include Children and Education with Compassion (14 designs), Innernet Waves (3 designs), Connecting People, Culture and Tradition (14 designs), Awesome Urban Living and Lifestyle (20 designs) and Nature, Sustainability and Wellness (42 designs). The curatorial concept emphasizes each design to be built and created according to the five parts for better understanding to the audience.
Love it and will come to RINTIS, but not sure where to find us exactly? Fret not, designs for each part of curatorial concept will be stationed at different locations and here’s the guide!
- Children and Education with Compassion – Studio Lukisan
- Innernet Waves – Studio Produk
- Connecting People, Culture and Tradition – Balai Agung Pasiban
- Awesome Urban Living and Lifestyle – Balai Agung Pasiban
- Nature, Sustainability and Wellness – Pelinggam Cahaya
RINTIS is more than designs! There are other cool activities awaiting you, don’t miss it!
- Foodtruck - Permatang Pelajar (9 – 11 Dec 2019 I 10.00am-5.00pm)
- Promo Theatre “Step” - Permatang Pelajar (9 – 11 Dec 2019 | 12.30-1.30pm)
- Busking - Permatang Pelajar (9 – 11 Dec 2019 | 1.30-2.30pm)
- Bengkel Seni (Origami, Cut & Design, and Terrarium) - Katasila (10 Dec 2019 | 2.00pm-5.00pm; 11 Dec 2019 | 10.00am-5.00pm)
- Typography Exhibition - Studio Grafik (12 Dec 2019 |10.00am-5.00pm)
- Mini Game (Tic Tac Toe Cup) – Balai Agung Peseban (13 Dec 2019 | 10.00am-5.00pm)
- Mini Game (Catch Pong) – Pelinggam Cahaya (13 Dec 2019 | 10.00am-5.00pm)
- Mini Game (Eraser Wrestling) – Drawing Studio (13 Dec 2019 | 10.00am-5.00pm)
Save the date! RINTIS only comes once a year! If you miss it, you will have to wait for next year. So, why not now? Mark the date and head down to School of the Arts starting from tomorrow! Also, do remember to bring along your friends and roommates because the more, the merrier! See you at RINTIS’19 by Design!